Firstly, thanks so much to everyone for all the baby well wishes – you guys are just too sweet :-)
Now, on to some decorating stuff!!!
I wanted to finally share the little face-lift I gave my master bedroom built-in robe.
Remember how a little while ago I put out an S.O.S for some dummy strap hinges like this….
Well, despite a tonne of friendly offers and advice from you guys (THANK YOU!) that particular style still managed to elude me here in Australia so I ended up with two of these instead….
If you’re interested I found them here on eBay.
Because I didn’t actually need the hinge function I simply cut them off with a hacksaw to create these plain individual straps.
So, here’s the built-in before….
Well that’s actually after I already painted the knotty orange pine infills pure white.
I had initial thoughts about replacing the doors completely though because I’m all about easy budget makeovers I decided it was best to try and make the most of what I already had.
Soooo, with a minimal amount of work and cashola here’s the robe now….
It’s a subtle change though certainly more in-sync with the rest of my master bedroom.
All I did was remove the doors, bottom rail and fascia (which simply unscrewed), took them outside then spray painted all the beige enamel white. Once dry I attached my four hinge straps then reassembled everything again inside.
I was a bit concerned the new white paint might scratch or chip off the metal frame though it dried rock hard and around one month on it’s still in perfect nic.
On- January 20, 2011
By- Kristine, The Painted Hive